“Saving Water and Energy is a Win-Win Situation in Every Way, and the innovative use of Membrane solutions for Boilers can assist you in making it a reality at your facility!”
A boiler feed water treatment system is usually required for industrial companies that use a boiler for their facility to ensure an efficient process and quality steam generation. The best boiler feed water treatment system will help the facility to avoid costly plant downtime, costly maintenance fees, and boiler failure due to scaling, corrosion, and fouling of the boiler and downstream equipment.
A boiler feed water treatment system is a collection of individual technologies that address your specific boiler feed water treatment requirements.
Boiler feed water treatment is required for both high- and low-pressure boilers. Ensuring that the proper treatment is in place before problems such as fouling, scaling, and corrosion occur will go a long way toward avoiding costly replacements/upgrades later on. An efficient and well-designed boiler feed water treatment system should be able to:
- i- Efficiently treat boiler feed water and remove harmful impurities prior to entering the boiler
- ii- Promote internal boiler chemistry control
- iii- Maximize use of steam condensate
- iv- Control return-line corrosion
- v- Ignore plant downtime and boiler failure
- vi- Prolong service life of equipment
REVERSE OSMOSIS WITH HIGHER PRESSURE BOILERS
Many industrial users are incredibly quickly embracing reverse osmosis as a method of purifying water for high pressure boilers as well. Trying to remove a high percentage of solid particles or microorganisms from the feed water improves performance and extends the life of the steam boiler water systems. The method is especially useful in the power and petrochemical industries. In these industries, using reverse osmosis to treat water has reduced maintenance costs and downtime, as well as increased plant efficiencies.
HOW DOES REVERSE OSMOSIS PRE-TREATMENT WORK?
Reverse Osmosis is a versatile water sanitization procedure that is used by numerous businesses all over the world to purify water. Switch assimilation works by forcing a flood of compressed water through a semi-porous film, which removes microscopic organisms, toxins, and other small particles, thus purifying the water.
Over time, switch assimilation innovation has been refined, and current RO frameworks offer high levels of execution, with water streaming out of the films at nearly 100% immaculateness in some cases.
BENEFITS OF RO PLANT FOR BOILER PRETREATMENT
- 1. Lower heat loss / increased boiler cycles result in lower fuel costs.
- 2. Chemical treatment costs for boiler systems are reduced.
- 3. Improved performance and steam purity
- 4. Risks are reduced
- 5. Condensate corrosion control has been improved.
- 6. External treatment costs are reduced
- 7. Lime softening, ion exchange, and/or re-generable DI.
- 8. Remove or reduce the use of caustic and acidic chemicals.
- 9. Life of an ion exchange resin is extended.
FACTORS FOR CONSIDERATION OF RO FOR BOILER PRETREATMENT
- 1. Concentration cycles
- 2. Plant size – steam production
- 3. FW Make-up alkalinity, dissolved mineral breakdown are all indicators of quality.
- 4. Percentage of FW make-up - percentage of hot condensate return
- 5. De-aerator under pressure or FW tank
- 6. Construction of feed water piping and pumps
- 7. Is there a purpose for RO rejection?
- 8. Types of Chemical Programs - Separates, all-in-ones, powders, liquids, and so on.
BOILER FEEDWATER QUALITY CONSIDERATION
Pre-treatment and feedwater quality requirements are generally defined by boiler pressure and superheater/turbine steam purity requirements.
- softened or single pass RO-quality make-up, <600 psig
- demineralized or RO/EDI make-up, > 900 psig
POTENTIAL MEMBRANE SOLUTIONS FOR BOILER SYSTEMS
- 1. RO before existing demineralizers
- 2. Softeners can be replaced or supplemented with RO.
- 3. RO/EDI will be used to replace resin-based demineralizers in a mixed-bed quality train.
- 4. To replace traditional filtration/clarification, use ultrafiltration in front of the demineralization or Reverse Osmosis.
BOILER TREATMENT SERVICES
Get in touch with NETSOL WATER today to discuss your steam boiler needs. We can provide expert advice and support on the maintenance, management, and treatment of commercial and industrial boilers and steam generating systems to help you optimize costs and operational efficiencies, reduce downtime, save water and energy, and increase plant reliability and safety.