What are the advantages of Industrial and Commercial RO Plants?
The advantages of an Industrial and Commercial RO plant can be understood by dividing it into various sub-heads as follows.
What are the Environmental Benefits of Industrial and Commercial RO plants?
1. Less Hazardous Water: The Reverse Osmosis system produces less hazardous water. This is because no chemicals are required in the process to produce pure water. This is one of the greenest technologies used for industrial wastewater.
2. Correct disposal of impurities: Reverse Osmosis captures and correctly disposes of the impurities. No harmful chemical water is discharged into the drains because the RO system correctly disposes of the impurities within the mains water feed. The membrane removes the impurities without the use of any ions, chemicals, resins, etc.
3. Easy discharge process: Due to the correct and easy disposal of impurities without the use of any chemicals make the discharge process easy. Generally, ions exchange bed, chemicals have a huge impact on the environment if dumped without any treatment. But due to RO technology, this process becomes easier and wastewater can be discharged into the environment even without treatment.
What are the Cost Benefits of Industrial and Commercial RO plants?
1. The use of Industrial and Commercial RO plants leads to a decrease in costs. No acids and chemicals are used because RO systems are eco-friendly. Therefore, one doesn't need to invest in buying acids and chemicals. RO systems use membrane technology, which is cost-efficient.
2. The only cost that occurs in the RO system is that of electricity. The present-day water filtration system consumes little energy so that’s why their operating costs are low.
What are the Health and Safety Benefits of Industrial and Commercial RO plants?
1. The first and foremost benefit of using RO water is that there is no chemical required to produce high-quality water. The traditional wastewater treatment system uses highly dangerous acids.
2. The RO system replaces the conventional water treatment process with compact and efficient equipment systems.
3. This eliminates the risks of manual handling and on-site hazardous works thereby offering protection to the personnel for working in a safe environment.
What are the Maintenance Benefits of Industrial and Commercial RO plants?
1. The RO system is very maintenance-friendly as it is a self-contained unit. It requires very minimal operator interaction and only daily monitoring as compared to active maintenance.
2. The change of pre-filters takes only a few minutes and therefore it is ergonomically friendly. The productivity period is high.
3. The lasting life of membranes is 2-3 years. This depends upon the quality of membranes purchased. 100% of the membranes in a given system are replaceable in a few hours as compared to resin-based systems which take several days.